Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stop Whining, You Live in a Ski Town

Tourists and friends alike have been canceling vacations to Jackson Hole lately because of all the bad weather. Jackson's minimally imployed hang out in coffee shops looking tired--from doing nothing. Frowns abound--cause it won't stop snowing and it is June. Funny, I thought we lived in a ski town.

I too refused to accept it was still winter this morning as I drove up Teton Pass in 2WD, taking shit from my friend the whole way for not having a beacon or shovel. Then I almost drove off the road along side the hoards of spun out mini-vans and Texans (sorry David.)

Forgot to put it in 4.

2008 was one of Jackson's best ski seasons ever. It still is. Powder skiing on June 12? Can't remember the last time I did that. The Tetons are plastered, and while it has been hard to find high and dry conditions to get up on the big peaks, there have been windows and there will be more.

And the storm skiing has been pretty damn good. . .

DG enjoying a summer day in Jackson


Pepi's not complaining



Powder skiing, Teton Pass, June 12, 2008



No comments: